Wednesday, July 20, 2005

But do you still knit?

um, not a lot right now. My horoscope for the week said I should keep my focus in life on always learning new things - I'll go with that.

I did do a bunch of knitting not too long ago. I have designs in three books that are coming out this Fall:





Knitgrrl by Shanon Okey, a.k.a Bitter-Girl, a.k.a woman who is grabbing the fiber world by the nuts - much more coming from her soooooooon. Coming in September.










New Knits on the Block, by Vickie Howell, star of Knitty Gritty and queen of all knititng media. Coming in October.










Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick, goddess of the sublime. Coming in October.








So, I'm a little burned out on knitting. I've got some stuff going for Knitty. Lots brewing in my brain. I need to find a knitter who can deal with the interpretive dance -style of knitting & pattern writing that I do. I'm learning new things every day, whether I want to or not

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I'm plucking my stunt knitters from the ranks of the local s-n-b! Lovely women, plus I get to keep an eye on how the things are progressing, and they give me honest feedback where needed...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Can you recommend a less expensive yarn that would work up well for your "Bella" sweater that was featured in Knitty. I love the sweater for my daughter, but budget is a huge factor, especially as I only started knitting in March 05. I'm pretty adventurous in what I'll try but I also need to be frugal. Any suggestions that will give a similar look and weight for less of my grocery money?

Thanks for your time,
Shelly

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home