Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sunshine & New Shoes

The sun shone for about an hour this morning causing all people in my house to run outside and stand around squinting like moles.
The sunshine also brought Mama a new pair of shoes. Shoes shamlessly lemminged from a friend:


Pink flowery Doc Mary Jane's with pink soles, just what the mole people of Michigan need.


Note the cool Spirograph fabric? Other mole people pursuits include making loud curtains to get through the gray times.




The red wavy fabric (from Ikea) is for the living room.













Made some curtains for the bottom of Boo's bed, for clubhousing and various girly pursuits. It is currently Groovy Girl central.
The curtains are waiting to be hemmed.










Here's a bigger photo of the the Spirograph curtains & Hank the goofball.
These curtains need to be hemmed too(see a pattern?) , short , just to the bottom of the window. To discourage climbing & swinging.

Those who know me well should be gratified to see that my New Year's Resolutions, in fact, do not include cleaning my house on a regular basis.






Sun's back out, gotta battle light sabers in the yard!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, these shoes look fantastic, a very nice colour. :)
Best wishes
Astrid

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would anyone who has 2 kids and so much yarn and fibre to play with want to clean their house? If anyone knows the answer to that please tell me, its way way down on my priority list!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everytime I've made curtains the dreaded hem has always turned into a quick cutting after 6 months of "oh I need to hem those", anway, who looks closely at frayed edges (collecting dust bunnies [at my house not yours!])

2:09 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I would have to stop being your friend if your New Year's resolution list EVER included "clean my house regularly." Your cluttered house is one of the most comfortable I've ever been in.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Amy R Singer said...

those shoes are so you, it actually causes me physical pain.

:-)

5:34 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

love the pink shoes! zoe and isobel have the same bed. and my curtains are not hemmed either.

you and i have a great many things to talk about :)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home