Friday, June 09, 2006

Chicago

This picture pretty much sums up the trip to Chicago. Have you ever seen a happier girl?
She picked Jess, the doll of the year. She also had a lot of firsts - rode in a taxi, rode a ferris wheel, rode in a boat, learned to write with a fountain pen, learned to braid.

























The Boy and the Boy King. I'm glad we went to he show but it was long on atmosphere and short on artifacts.















I knit a sock swatch tube. 30 stitches and a bunch of different sock yarns later, I find that I'm on 000 for most socky yarns - Regia, Barefoot, Koigu. And i have to go hunting for a 0000 to do a swatch for Schaffer's gorgeous Ann. Yes, I kept track - see the little hang tag at the bottom of the pix? My record of needles & yarn.
Must go do stealth wrapping tomrrow is the dual girly birthday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Dang, she looks so happy! What a great trip. Glad everyone had fun and you're still speaking to everyone ... ?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I love Chicago! I live about three hours away and visit about twice a year. I'm planning to see the King Tut show, too, I'm disappointed that you say it's low on artifacts. Geez! And 000 for Koigu?? I saw a resource for 0000 and 00000 needles for doll clothes making, somewhere. I think it was EnchantingJuno.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Here's the site for 0000 and 00000 needles: http://www.scottymaloney.com/

Check it out, it is very, very strange to see Fair Isle and cabled sweaters on Barbie dolls. You've been warned.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your kids are so cute!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had been wondering how the trip went!
she looks so happy with that doll!
i don't think i've ever seen a happier face!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home