Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Well, hell it's 2007!

I have New Year's Inertia & so do all of my friends. Complete & totally inability( and desire) to get back in the swing after the hols.

Yesterday I sat on the couch for the entire day, actually the entire family sat or draped themselves on the couch. We started with the Rose Parade, moved to a variety of British mysteries (me), then Ninja Warrior, then the Rose Bowl.

Granted I had those kind of womanly cramps that you get when you haven't exercised in a month and are sliding into home with the perimenopause. My heating pad is my best friend.

I'm with the other million bloggers who cite the Wonderful World of Knitting as my favorite thing of 2006 - the people, the yarn, the book Amy & I published.

What will 2007 bring? Another book is due, that's my only for sure. Not going to do resolutions this year. I know I'm going for all around health, as usual. I want to go to SOAR. I want to clean out my stash & my books. I want to cook new things. I want to spin & knit more. You know same as it ever was.

I have yarn whorish photos to share & some vintage knitting love, but I'll think about it tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read you every single day. I think of our great day at Stitches. I had a day very similar to yours - in pjs all day - even shed a tear watching Hoosiers for the 2,673rd time. Gotta get back into the real world next week. blah

8:19 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't get back into the swing of things after the holidays. All I want to do is drink hot cocoa and/or coffee, eat chocolate, and knit or spin. But I'm sick of knitting and spinning! (only momentarily) I want sunlight!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Well, if you're needing the cure for the inertia, don't forget our St. Distaff's Day festivities on Sunday (the 7th). Shannon can't make it (damn birthday on Saturday), but I surely hope you and Carla are part of the fun and games!

MWAH--I kees you now

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home