Monday, February 05, 2007

The Purge continues!


I purged more than a pallet of books.
Gave away a bunch. Sold a bunch more.
That's close to 50% of our books.
The man & I are challenging ourselves & our (my) packrat ways to get rid of 50% of a lot of our stuff, including:
books
clothes, including shoes
toys (don't tell the kids)
stash
stuff in the basement



We're even getting rid of a bookcase.
Carla will fill this with lovely yarn at her house.
















We did a smackdown on the kitchen.
Look past the enchanting child to the overfull shelves & kitchen table that holds nothing but piles. There are even piles on the kitchen stools.











Lookie, space. Even Totoro is happy.












To prove I still knit, even if it is for other people.
Bulky knittin' in the most perfect red. Needful Yarns Super merino, doubled.

2 Comments:

Blogger ashayne said...

DEEPLY satisfying! Most excellent! And you're not even, like, moving, right? You are going to love this new monastic lifestyle.

I always hate it when I have to fix up a house to sell it. I mean, why didn't I fix it up so I could enjoy it?

Congratulations! Keep it up! You're going to end up with three books, a pair of needles, and SPACE. You may even discover an extra kid in there.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

To celebrate, I will come scrub your floor for you when you're done. Because yay! clean floor, and destashing and... oh yeah, I'm avoiding some writing I need to do and I have a total Martha Stewart thing where I clean when I'm stressed.

Damn. I hate it when I let my real reason slip.

Well, that plus it would be fun to play slip 'n slide with the kiddos. I'm picturing Tom Cruise/Risky Business-style sliding in our socks.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home