Monday, March 31, 2008

Abby!


I spent 6 hours spinning 4 yarns on Saturday & it was fantastic.
It was all types of spinning I avoid - the chain ply, the long draw, the spinning from the fold because I'm not comfortable with them.

Abby made it all doable and gave history and stories. It was never not frustrating, but there's bliss (at least to me ) in that type of frustration.

I love learning new things, especially when it's not easy. Abby made me want to keep trying, and to me that's a key to a great teacher. Not just keep trying, but can't- wait- to- go- be- frustrated- at- my- wheel- until- I- get- it ,trying.

Thanks Abby you are a Rockstar!


Also, we were nasty. My whole end of the room was so moist the whole shop should have felted.
I laughed until my stomach hurt & may have said things that embarrassed my own self.

I am in love with Greg, and am convinced that Kat & I are soul sisters - she laughs even louder than me. Yes, Beth, you still make me moist.



Yes, I do still knit. It is all secret knitting, which sorta sucks because it's deadline knitting. But look at that fabric I'm making, it's yarn from the The Fibre Company, it is wonderful, sexy and tweedy. Now I must go have conversations with a calculator about armholes, then I can spin again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I told Greg you wanted to put him in your pocket but I have first dibs:-)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have been singing "Slip Sliding Away" ever since! And, trying to stay in my chair when I am spinning! Mmmmmuwaaaa girlfriend!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Abby Franquemont said...

I could not possibly have asked for a better crowd, zomg for reals! as they say. Thank you so much for saying such nice stuff, and for BEER BEER BEER mmmmmm... wait, I got distracted. Seriously, so long as you walked away with at least one thing you'll probably try again someday, that's a win for me as a teacher. And I can't tell you how much fun it is to teach people who want to be there, having fun stretching their repertoires. Plus, every single time I teach, I learn stuff too.

It's really a shame you had to leave when you did; you should have seen Beth's shop the next morning. Total carnage.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Girlie you left way too early! You didn't have a chance to see the devistation of Beth's shop!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home