Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Birthdays & TNNA

It's my birthday, I'm 45 and I can't stop smiling.
Each year gets better and each year I'm happier.
I share my birthday with some cool cats - Maurice Sendak and Howlin' Wolf.
But this is my favorite birthday sharee and my favorite birthday present ever:

Yep, born on my birthday. She's 9 today. I'll take the birthday picture later, she'll be getting her ears pierced after school.







  • TNNA was a bucket of love. It's a yarn slumber party. I forgot to bring my camera. The Harlot and Amy have photo recaps and more will be added to Flickr I'm sure. So I will recap some in bullet points:
  • Amy lost her voice before the show started. I've been working with her for years on Knitty, but having to step in and do the big talking with her standing right there - terrifying.

  • More Big Girl Knits signing - we signed so many books that my pen ran out of ink. There was lots and lots of Big Girl love

  • Classic Elite and Curvy Knits - I have my second booklet of Curvy Knits patterns coming from Classic Elite this Fall. This is really where I am kicking myself about the camera. All the garments were there. There was a display with the garments, and blown up photos from the booklets. I nearly cried for two reasons: 1) my designs on the wall at Classic Elite - holy f*ck. 2) a gorgeous big, sexy, succulently sexy woman modeling knitwear on the wall- ON THE WALL UP FRONT in a major yarn company's booth. It made me swoon .

  • Did you feel the earth shake when Knitty & Ravelry met in person for the first time? Really, the earth shook, angels may have sang.

  • I told Cat Bordi I'm going to spin yarn for her sock class - now I really have to do it

  • The Stitch Co-op Girls - there was buzz and there were orders. I belong to a co-op of indi knitting and crochet designers organized by the medialicious Shannon Okey, that sells our patterns into yarn stores. We laughed a lot, also there were nuts, and Nathan Fillion in nut oil.

  • Miriam Felton - a new friend! We adopted Miriam and made her do wicked things. She makes me want to knit lace shawls.

  • Clara Parks has an awe-some high school hall smile & nearly made me pass Guinness through my nose.

  • Carol Sulcoski cusses as much and maybe even more than I do, we had an f-bomb fiesta.

  • Sandi Wiseheart - we met, we hugged, our boobs shot sparks.

  • Julia and the Twist Collective. Have you seen the gorgeousness?

  • Abby was there and we fondled fiber.

  • It was Beth's first TNNA, wait til you see what it did to her shop

  • There was beer
  • I've taken a crochet challenge

  • Jenni's ice cream - the Harlot says it best
TNNA is the best kind of reunion it leaves your body exhausted but your heart and your little gray cells full!

15 Comments:

Blogger Abby Franquemont said...

I can't get past you sharing a birthday with the Wolf. Consider this me sending you a playing of his version of "Wang Dang Doodle" on behalf of the shared birthday. Wow!

Totally serious. Sawdust on the floor. Loud music. All night long.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Happy Birthday! It's mine too! Hope you got that sleep! - Robyn

3:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your kid is gorgeous. I totally heart her curly hair. (yes, I know, people with straight hair always want curly blah blah). I'm glad she looks like you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Um, belated.

PM me for that inside information you were asking about (;

3:38 PM  
Blogger regina said...

Happy birthday to you and your beauty! My son Noah is 11 today. what a great day!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Our 40's are the best years of our lives!
Love Glenda

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Nut oil.

Happy birthday!

xoxo

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kiddo is 9 already?!!! And even cuter than when she was new and tiny, which was exceptionally cute.

Happy b'day to you, too. Yes, they keep getting better.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I'm amazed at how many Junies there are... mine is coming up this Sunday and I'm gonna be 45 too - I don't share it with anyone even half as cool as Howlin' Wolf or Maurice Sendak, those are some pretty groovy sharee's. But your mini-sharee is definitely the cutest.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOTH of you are insanely cute.

Also, seriously, Robyn? This brings the total of people I know with a birthday today to 5!!

Also also... "medialicious"? I like that. I'm gonna use that. xoxox

3:08 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Happy birthday, oh Jillian of the Zone o' Fun, I swatched for Boo, Too last night in your honor - love it, love it, love it!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! hope it was a great one for you and Isobel. i miss you already!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Jillian, you made me laugh until I spit!

Happy birthday to both of you!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Knitting with My Horses said...

Happy Birthday, and many more...

11:48 AM  
Blogger ColorJoy LynnH said...

Your birthday was on my calendar but I didn't check my calendar on the first day back from TNNA. My feet are finally recovered and I think I'm still smiling.

Hugs, and wishes for many more happy birthdays to come.

Lynnie

6:25 PM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Hi Jillian, can you believe that I just found your blog? My name is Marly, I was the lady at tnna with the black dress from Ross...remember me?

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and tell you how great it was to meet you.

Also, Classic Elite just sent me a copy of your Curvy Knits 2 booklet. Good work mydear!
Would you ever be interested in doing and interview with me on my podcast?

xoxox
Marly

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home