Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've got a pocket full of.......

does anyone have that song stuck in their heads? I can't stop singing it.
Summer here still has 5 weeks to go.
I've had a summer full of deadline - the entire fiber world seems to love Aug 1 as a deadline :-)

Here are a couple of things that have kept me sane with the kiddos this summer:

Crafts - our house is packed with crafty goodness















This is chalky paint:
1/4 c water
1/4 c corn starch
food coloring
It dries to look like chalk
It makes great body paint, but the blue has to wear off




















Technology Tickets
Each kid gets 6 a day. They have to use them for
anything with a screen.
It's totally stopped the summer OD on tv &
the fighting associated with tv, computers, wii, ds..........

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - I like the technology ticket idea. Trouble is, my kids would make me subject to using them too...

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We only have one week of summer left!

Technology ticket are genius! Not just for summer, either. They'd be excellent for after school time, too!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I love that ticket idea! I'll have to try that next summer. This year, I did room inspection before any gaming, and only cartoons in the morning before my coffee kicks in :) If my son gets to playing video games too long, I make him stop and clean the bathroom. (hee hee - his wife will thank me one day!)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home