Tuesday, January 06, 2009

This week's work

I'm dreaming of knitting new things, but before I start I need to get my yarn house in order.
My yarn & fiber are discombobulated & so is my knitting & designing brain.
So, it's time to clean up & clean out.

It doesn't hurt that, like everyone, money is really tight. There's little to no yarn/fiber buying this year, and I've canceled my plans to go to SOAR. So has Carla, we'll have a slumber party and spin :-).

Here's this week's task:
Sort out single/few balls
Sort out 'sweater's worth'

They get sorted into:
keep
maybe
give/sell
use in teaching kiddos
use in batt making
toss (too tangly or too little)

Here's my pile:

Bags and 1 bin of singles/few skeins


















1 - 45 gal bin of 'sweater's worth'














Small boy for scale


















Carla's coming over later to make sure I haven't lost my mind................

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

I'm feeling better about my own stash - thanks for sharing yours! Of course, I did buy mine 3 shiny new bins for Christmas...

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that picture of the wee boy in a poster. I'll hang it on the back of my office door and whenever I need to laugh, I swing the door shut.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Now I want to come over and raid your stash, you have the best stash around and you know it!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous nicole said...

speaking of yarn.....

is there any talk of converting your knitting designs (superb) into crochet patterns, for those of us who can't handle the 2 needle thing???

while mom still knits, i hate asking her over and over for stuff, when i can crochet just fine....

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home